Monday, November 9, 2009

First (& Hopefully Last) Day of Freedom

It's amazing how little I can get done in one day! I deserve it, though, right? I mean, I have to get up again at 5:30 in the morning (you think when someone doesn't work, they get to sleep in...awesome! Yeah...no.) I'm up at the butt-crack of dawn just to make sure we, M & I, get on the road by 6:30ish (hey, I'm not perfect), so the little one gets to school on time, while still having time to run around & get some excess energy out.

It's weird. You'd think I want to get everything done before I go back to work, when in fact, I'd rather to do the opposite! I want to do nothing with whatever time I have left to do nothing. I'm so bass ackwords that I can't get it right. My laziness is truly starting to show.

I am enjoying the day without having to be a mom (ok, after I got M to school). I should feel bad that Eric is working 6 days a week (ok, I feel bad, but I should feel worse) while I'm doing nothing. That's right, I'm not even doing the laundry that should be done. I am just so relieved to be kid-free! Don't get me wrong, I love her to pieces, but I've spent the last 2 weeks w/her because she was on break at school & I am so happy to not hear, "Mom, I'm hungry!" every 5 minutes. How much can 1 little girl eat? Does she have a hollow leg that I don't know about? And she had the gall to accuse me of trying to starve her! Sheesh!

Here's to freedom! (for the day because I have plans for the rest of the week.)


Peace (& Quiet, ahhhhhh) & Love

6 comments:

  1. My interview for the other position is tomorrow! Cross everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a dork. That is why we're friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ignore the laundry every chance I get. I'm doing that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ignoring of the laundry has lasted all week! I'm good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a day of freedom. It's sad when I get excited about going to the freaking dentist. Most people whine and complain about going. NOT ME! BRING IT.....It's actually relaxing to me. I get to lay in that chair and DO NOTHING.

    The sound of the drill is a little annoying but hey at least it's not 3 screaming and fighting kids.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!

Designed Exclusively For Mentally Inked© By: The Greer 5© Any conflicts should be directed to Brittany