Friday, October 2, 2009

Where O Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

It's early but I must do this before I forget. I'm not like everyone else. I'm more selfish & things don't affect me quite the same way. When I cry for someone I know who has died, I don't cry for them, I cry for me that they're gone & how that's going to affect me. I'm usually happy for them because they are out of pain (if they suffered) or in a better place, etc. A lot of people do this, they just don't realize it. I've dealt with enough loss in my time to figure this out about myself. Anyway, I'm straying...

My little (or not so little, anymore) puppy has gone missing. She is a pain in the ass, but like the other pains in my life, I love her. I went through my morning routine this morning starting out, without a dog on my feet, & made my coffee. Then what did I do? I went & sat outside as usual. I used to do it because I smoked ( haven't in a few months now) & then because the dog had to potty. It's friggin cold out there now! I had no reason to go out anymore, so why did I do it?

I took my daughter to school & came back & went through the front door instead of the garage hoping she'd be sitting there waiting for me by the door. I opened the blinds like I usually do so she can see outside.

How can something that has been in my life for a few months (& destroyed several of my things) affect me this way? She was destructive, & talked back whenever given an order, but she also was cute & loving. I still hold out hope, but I live in reality.

Good bye, my Hales, I will miss you.

(For those of you wondering: Yes, M is sad, but she seems to be taking it better than me.)

I may have used this song recently, but it sort of fits & The Violent Femmes can make anything better.

.

Update: about 1:30~She's home! She was in the street when someone picked her up yesterday. They took her to animal control today because the # on the tag was not clear. Thank you all so much for your support. I'm sooo happy!


Peace & Love

3 comments:

  1. Boy that makes me sad. I would be a royal mess if my honey babe went missing, and of them (we have four pet children). Oh gosh, I am about to cry just thinking about it.

    Don't give up just yet. Go out and look. Call shelters. Put up signs. I will pray that you all find her or she comes homes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Kimmy,
    what a sweet tribute to the dogoat. I hope a miracle comes and u see her again.
    *hugs*
    D:)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!

Designed Exclusively For Mentally Inked© By: The Greer 5© Any conflicts should be directed to Brittany